Sunday, August 29, 2010

Integration into the country

My feelings about integration are quite positive. Nobody called me names and I haven't ever felt like the "odd one out". Perhaps even the opposite, I remember when I first came to Australia I was pregnant and people were always interested in asking me about my due date and what I wanted. It was so kind. In Kazakhstan nobody ever asks these questions!

Then when my daughter was born I got a lot of compliments about her. I was very surprised how open people are here.

My personal experience tells me that in my everyday life my only language difficulties are with expressing myself in English, but maybe it might be different when I have to try to find a job. Maybe in the future I will face some language problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment